Pyramid solitaire is a fun card game where you remove cards that add up to 13. It has a very distinctive layout (in the shape of a pyramid), and plays quite differently to standard solitaire.
The basic rules are…
- You win if you can remove ALL cards from play
- Cards are removed in pairs, when they add up to 13
- You can deal from the talon at any time
- You get 2 redeals of the talon
- Only a maximum of 2 cards are visible from the talon at any time
- You can only use cards that are completely uncovered( If a card is in the pyramid but covered by another card, you cannot select it)
Here you can see the basic pyramid rules in action. Just press to see the moves. After that, you can finish the game right here in your browser!
The possible pairings are…
Pyramid Solitaire Tips
- Don’t just automatically combine any cards you see. Knowing when to match and when to hold off is usually the difference between winning and losing.
- Always remove Kings as soon as you can. There is never any reason to keep them in play.
- Look for cards “trapped” by other cards underneath. You may need to remove specific cards in a certain order to get to them
- For more pyramid tips, check out our article that goes into more detail: How to win pyramid solitaire
Pyramid solitaire can be quite hard sometimes. In fact some deals are actually impossible to complete. You can still win quite often though- data collected from Dailysol show that you can win approximately 60% of games- so make sure you don’t give up to early!